Now that you have downloaded this FREE set of Photo Collages, you may be wondering how to use them. They are super easy to use in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, just follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to creating beautiful photo collages in no time!
1. Open a collage template in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, rotate the template any way that you want (vertical or horizontal).
2. Open the images that you want to use in the collage and edit them as needed.
3. Then, choose the Move tool and drag the images over one at a time to the collage template.
4. Size the image so it that it fits over one of the square blocks in the template. Then click Layer → Create Clipping Mask (or press command or control G) to fit the image to the blocks exact dimensions. This “groups” the image with the collage layer.
5. If part of your image is overlapping another template block, choose the Marquee tool. (it looks like a dashed rectangle), then highlight the overlapping area with the tool, and delete it. You can do this to any other overlapping parts of the same image. To remove the tool from your image, click Select → Deselect.
6. Repeat steps 3 – 5 until your collage is filled with as many photos as you’d like.
7. When you’re finished organizing your collage, click on Layer → Flatten Image, Then click File and Save As a JPEG Image for posting or printing.